Monday, July 15, 2013

Birds Sitting On Trees

It's been a long, long time since I've written.

I suppose that I've gotten a little caught up (sometimes weighed down) by life.
By houses and babies and cars and work and some things that are important, and some things that are not.

I've been living in gratitude, despair, self-loathing, delight, excitement, worry, fear, anticipation, deep love and a million other things.

And I never forget that...

I am blessed.
I am blessed.
I am blessed.

Lately, I've been noticing my need for self-reflection.  In a former life (or a former part of this one), there was ample opportunity to talk late into the night, or spent afternoons in cafes, drinking coffee and pondering life as it is lived.
These days, late nights come quickly and are often an opportunity to do the dishes, do some yoga, or sleep.
Afternoons present themselves as times of joy and delight and wonder and awe, but rarely reflection.

I've been spending some time thinking about developing my inner self.  Rooting myself in what is 'unseen', and learning to rely less on others to determine my confidence and strength and more on what lies within.

And then I happened upon this:


It was just what I needed to hear.  A good reminder.
A good place to start in my rekindled desire for reflection.

No comments: