Monday, September 02, 2013

One more day of giving thanks...

"They grow up so quickly, don't they?"
"Enjoy them now..."
"Where does the time go?"

But the truth is, I love this pace.
I've enjoyed every moment (well, most of the moments).
And I know exactly where the time has gone.

It's gone to weeks of learning how to nurse, then driving back and forth to the hospital every day for a month.
It's gone to blurry eyed nights and early mornings.
It's been filled with beautiful smiles and delicious laughter.
With rolling and sitting and crawling and walking.  And then running and rolling and today for the first time, riding a tricycle and doing a somersault.

Naturally, time hastens past.
But each age is a beautiful one, and we are blessed to share life with these boys.

I pray that I will not forget the sacred experience of each day, each moment.
And that I will not look back with regret on how quickly time has flown, but rather give thanks for all that we have known.

No comments: